Sequences obtained from impure nucleic acid preparations may contain DNA from sources other than the sample. Those sequence contaminations are a serious concern to the quality of the data used for downstream analysis, possibly causing misassembly of sequence contigs and erroneous conclusions. Therefore, the removal of sequence contaminants presents a necessary step for all metagenomic projects.
DeconSeq is distributed under the GNU Public License (GPL). All its source codes are freely available to both academic and commercial users. The latest version can be downloaded at the SourceForge download page.
Web versionTOP OF PAGE
The interactive web interface of DeconSeq can be used to automatically detect and efficiently remove sequence condaminations from genomic and metagenomic datasets.
- Computer connected to the Internet
- Up-to-date Web browser (Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer, ...)
- FASTA file with sequence data
- FASTQ file (as alternative format to trim sequence and quality data)
Upload data to the DeconSeq web version
To upload a new dataset in FASTA or FASTQ format to DeconSeq, follow these steps:
1. Go to http://deconseq.sourceforge.net
2. Click on "Use DeconSeq" in the top menu on the right (the latest DeconSeq web version should load)
3. Select your FASTA or FASTQ file
4. Select the retain and remove (optional) database(s)
5. Click "Submit"