Saturday 7 July 2012

OTT: Stephen Wolfram Blog : A Moment for Particle Physics: The End of a 40-Year Story?

Out of Topic but I do wonder if there are > 40 year old mysteries in biology that might invite so much interest and well money to find out .... 


The announcement early yesterday morning of experimental evidence for what's presumably the Higgs particle brings a certain closure to a story I've watched (and sometimes been a part of) for nearly 40 years. In some ways I felt like a teenager again. Hearing about a new particle being discovered. And asking the same questions I would have asked at age 15. "What's its mass?" "What decay channel?" "What total width?" "How many sigma?" "How many events?"
http://blog.stephenwolfram.com/2012/07/a-moment-for-particle-physics-the-end-of-a-40-year-story/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Datanami, Woe be me