Saturday, 28 January 2012
galaxy-user] January 27, 2012 Galaxy Distribution & News Brief
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jennifer Jackson
Date: Saturday, 28 January 2012
Subject: [galaxy-user] January 27, 2012 Galaxy Distribution & News Brief
January 27, 2012 Galaxy Distribution & News Brief
Complete News Brief
* Important metadata and Python 2.5 support corrections
* SAMtools upgraded for version 0.1.18. Mpileup added.
* Dynamic filtering, easy color options, and quicker
indexing enhance Trackster
* Set up your Galaxy instance to run cluster jobs as
the real user, not the Galaxy owner
* Improvements to metadata handling and searching in
the Tool Shed
* Improved solutions for schema access, jobs management,
& workflow imports and inputs.
* New datatypes (Eland, XML), multiple tool enhancements,
and bug fixes.
new: % hg clone http://www.bx.psu.edu/hg/galaxy galaxy-dist
upgrade: % hg pull -u -r 26920e20157f
Read the release announcement and see the prior release history
Need help with a local instance?
Search with our custom google tools!
And consider subscribing to the galaxy-dev mailing list!
The Galaxy User list should be used for the discussion of
Galaxy analysis and other features on the public server
at usegalaxy.org. Please keep all replies on the list by
using "reply all" in your mail client. For discussion of
local Galaxy instances and the Galaxy source code, please
use the Galaxy Development list:
To manage your subscriptions to this and other Galaxy lists,
please use the interface at:
Posted by Kevin at 16:04