Tuesday 19 October 2010

Microsoft Biology Tools

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/bio/mbt.aspx

The Microsoft Biology Tools (MBT) are a collection of tools that enable biology and bioinformatics researchers to be more productive in making scientific discoveries. Some of the tools provided here take advantage of the capabilities of the Microsoft Biology Foundation, and are good examples of how you can use MBF to create other tools.


When I last visited the site, no tools were available and I didn't realised it was finally released. Definitely will try some of these tools just to satisfy curiosity but I doubt these will find widespread usage but that's just a personal opinion. 


Stuff that caught my eye
BL!P: BLAST in Pivot
False Discovery Rate
Microsoft Research Sequence Assembler
SIGMA: Large Scale Machine Learning Toolkit

Do post comments here if you have tested any of the tools and found them useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Datanami, Woe be me