Subject: [Bowtie-bio-announce] Bowtie 2 2.0.5 released
Bowtie 2 version 2.0.5 - January 4, 2013
* Fixed an issue that would cause excessive memory allocation when aligning
to very repetitive genomes.
* Fixed an issue that would cause a pseudo-randomness-related assert to be
thrown in debug mode under rare circumstances.
* When bowtie2-build fails, it will now delete index files created so far so
that invalid index files don't linger.
* Tokenizer no longer has limit of 10,000 tokens, which was a problem for
users trying to index a very large number of FASTA files.
* Updated manual's discussion of the -I and -X options to mention that
setting them farther apart makes Bowtie 2 slower.
* Renamed COPYING to LICENSE and created a README to be GitHub-friendly.
Department of Computer Science
Johns Hopkins University
3400 North Charles St
Baltimore, MD 21218-2682